- Role: Naval Cooperation
- Dimentions: Wingspan 14.78m, Length 10.82m, Height 3.73m
- Engine: 1 x Napier Lion IIB or V (450 hp)
- Armament: 1 × 0.303in Lewis machine gun, 920 lb of bomb payload or 1 × 18 in (457 mm) torpedo
- Crew: 2
- Number in service: 16
- Country of production: Great Britain, Greece
- Years in service: 1925 – 1939
The “Velos” was the first airplane to be built under license in Greece at the Faliro Airplane Factory. It was originally designed as the evolution of the British Dart/Swift, with the specifications of a multi-role coastal defence airplane. According to the Greek specifications, it had bombing, reconnaissance and training capabilities and was capable of torpedo launching. The Blackburn “Velos” was equipped with specialized equipment like electric intercom system, a 200 mile range radio and bomb rails.
The maiden flight of the first Greek “Velos” was made in March 1926 and it was named “Ελπίς (Hope)”. Ιn total, 12 airplanes were constructed at Faliro Airplane Factory, introducing, for the first time in Greece, the metal structure airplane construction technology. In 1930 they entered active duty with the unified Air Force, where they were used mainly with fixed landing gear. The “Velos” remained in service until the eve of WWII.