- Role: Fighter
- Dimensions: Wingspan 9.83 m, length 8.36 m, height 3.58 m
- Engine: 1 x Bristol Mercury VIIIA/VIIAS (830 hp)
- Armament: 4 x 0,303in BSA (Colt) Browning machine guns
- Crew: 1
- Number in service: 14-19
- Country of production: Great Britain
- Years in service: 1937 – 1941
The first 2 Gloster Gladiator Mk I airplanes that came to Greece were a donation by the greek expatriate Stylianos Sarpakis from Egypt. They were used in advanced training in dogfight tactics. After the loss of one of them by accident, the other enlisted to active duty, in patrol missions during the war.
From December 1940 till April 1941, a number of Gloster Gladiator Mk I/ Mk II were delivered by RAF as aid to the Hellenic Air Force. The Gloster Gladiator Mk I/ Mk II were used by the 21st Interceptor Squadron, which re-assigned the few PZL P.24 that originally had, to the 22nd και 23rd Interceptor Squadrons.