- Role: Naval Cooperation Flying Boat
- Dimensions: Wingspan 29.46 m, length 19.18 m, height 7.87 m
- Engine: 2 x Wright R-1820-76A or B (1425 hp)
- Crew: 6
- Number in service: 12+1
- Country of Manufacture: USA
- Years in service: 1969 – 1997
The need for a Naval Cooperation aircraft led the Hellenic Air Force, in cooperation with the Navy, to obtain the HU-16B Albatross. The items received were former USAF airplanes operating with the Royal Norwegian Air Force under lease. Twelve were delivered to the Hellenic Air Force and equipped the 353 Naval Cooperation Squadron, where they served from 1969 to 1997. A single HU-16C, received in 1971, was used as a VIP aircraft for a short time.