- Role: Fighter
- Dimentions: Wingspan 10.68 m, length 7.60 m, height 2.69 m
- Engine: 1 x Gnome Rhone 14NO7 (950 hp)
- Armament: 2 x 7,92 mm LK32 machine guns, 2 x 20 mm Oerlikon FF machine guns
- Crew: 1
- Number in service: 36
- Country of production: Poland
- Years in service: 1936 – 1941
The PZL P.24, constructed in Poland, was the most combat active airplane in the history of Hellenic Air Force.
The contract for the P.24 supply was signed in September 1936, with final delivery date in May 1937 (due to the delayed delivery of the “Skoda” LK 32 machine guns from the Czechoslovakian construction factory). They had the standard equipment specifications consisting of German radio and American oxygen supply system.
Apart from the 11 that were destroyed on the ground, the rest were shot down in furious dogfights, manned by courageous but inexperienced young graduates of the Air Force Academy, as well as several NCO pilots. According to a Polish researcher, between November 1940 and April 1941 the 35 Greek Ρ.24 shot down 40 enemy airplanes, one of them by ramming.