- Role: Training/Reconnaissance
- Dimentions: Wingspan: 12.42m, Length: 8.31m
- Engine: 1x R.A.F 1a (90hp)
- Armament: 1× 0.303in Lewis machine gun, 224lb of bombs
- Crew: 2
- Number in service: 2
- Country of production: Great Britain
The B.E.2e was an advanced version of the “c” model. A number of those operated from the British bases in the Aegean Sea during WW1. Later on, 3 examples (no. A1327, A1384, A1385), were handed over to the Naval Flying Corps. At first glance they seem similar to the B.E.2c, they differ though at the wing size (the bottom one being much smaller than the top) and at the number of the intermediary struts, which include two pairs instead of four at the B.E.2c.