Αρχική Hellenic Air Force Structure Hellenic Air Force Support Command Hellenic Air Force Telecommunications and Electronics Depot

Hellenic Air Force Telecommunications and Electronics Depot

Εργοστάσιο Τηλεπικοινωνιακών - Ηλεκτρονικών Μέσων (ΕΤΗΜ)

Emblem

“Σοφόν το μηχανόεν τέχνας” (Artistic Skills He Invented)

(Sophocles “Antigone”)

NCAGE Code: G0002

Location

The Unit is located at the Terpsytheas area of the Municipality of Glyfada in Attica.

Established

1946

Subordination

Air Force Support Command

Mission

The Hellenic Air Force Telecommunications and Electronics Depot’s mission is:

  • To follow through with inspections, maintenance and changes to the Telecommunications and Electronic Air and Ground Means of the Hellenic Air Force, as well as the operational software systems and networks of the HAF.
  • To research, development kai utilization of technological applications to weaponry systems belonging to the HAF.
  • To manufacture and installation of special equipment, provisions and hardware for weaponry systems belonging to the HAF, including the responsibility of research for further improvements.
  • To research and monitor the structural integrity of aircraftsand to certify foreign aircraft loads
  • To eamine materials and analyse the functions of weaponry equipment in the context of investigating aircraft accidents and/or incidents.
  • To study electromagnetic rays and to follow through with the study of electromagnetic radiation levels.
  • To provide technical support to units belonging to the HAF and other branches of the Hellenic Armed Forces.
  • To study and develop programs that promote the interests of the HAF.
  • To study findings on the effects of HAF systems and other Hellenic Armed Forces Branches following the installation of wind and solar panel parks.

History

In 1946 the Wireless Telecommunication workshop was established under the subordinance of the 202nd State Aircraft Factory (SAF) at the Faliro Air Force Base.

In 1958 the SAF was relocated to the Ellinko Air Force Base and the Telecommunications Management of the 202nd SAF was established.

In 1984, the HAF factories were restructured and the Telecommunications and Electronic Means Factory was established as an independent Unit.

In 1988, Telecommunications and Electronic Means Factory was relocated to the Military base at Ano Glyfada and merged with the Research and Technology Center.

In 2001, the merged unit was renamed under the title Hellenic Air Force Telecommunications and Electronics Depot.

Contact

Address: Mikras Asias St. Terpsithea, Glyfada Postal Code: 16562
Phone: 00302108934000
Fax:
00302109621333
E-mail:
 dktis.ethm@haf.gr