Αρχική Hellenic Air Force Structure Hellenic Tactical Air Force 114 Combat Wing
114 Combat Wing
“Φυλακής μνήσασθε” (Always be on your guard)
Polydamas, friend of Hector, a very eloquent person, incites his fellow-warriors of Troy to go within the walls of the city in order to avoid the wrath of Achilles, owing to his friend Patroclus’ death. Hector, the bravest
of the brave of Trojans does not agree with Polydamas and insists that all warriors should resist outside the walls of the city and should be vigilant. Nay, come; even as I shall bid, let us all obey: for this present take your supper throughout the host by companies, and take heed to keep watch; and be wakeful every man.
(Iliad, S 297-9; Loeb, by A.T. Murray).
Tanagra Air Base
Hellenic Tactical Air Force
- F-104 Starfighter
- Mirage F-1CG
- Mirage 2000
- Mirage 2000-5
- Rafale F3R
The mission of the 114 Combat Wing (114CW), is to maintain a high level of readiness and effectiveness. It is achieved by the appropriate organization, training of personnel and maintenance of the available means and systems. Furthermore, the undertaking and carrying out of air operations, at any given time, in total success.
- 1956: The 114CW was formed on August 22, 1956, at Tanagra Airport. The 341, 342 and 343 Interception Squadrons were integrated with F-86E Sabre aircraft.
- 1958: On May 24, 1958, the 343 Interception Squadron was transferred to 111CW at Anchialos.
- 1959-1960: From November 13, 1959, till May 13, 1960, the 361 Squadron is deployed at Tanagra with T-33A Silver Stars. On January 14, 1960, the 341 Interception Squadron was transferred from 114CW to the 111CW at Anchialos. On May 18, 1960, the 335 Squadronn came at Tanagra with F-84F Thunderstreak aircraft.
- 1962: In June 1962, the 342 Interception Squadron was transferred to 111CW at Anchialos.
- 1964: In April 1964, the acceptance of the F-104G and TF-104G Starfighter aircraft took place at the 335 Squadron.
- 1965: In January, 1965 the 336 Fighter Bomber Squadron was integrated to 114CW, which is equipped with the F-104G and TF-104G aircraft.
- 1966: In April 1966 the F-104G Flight Simulator becomes operational. On December 16, 1966, the 336 Fighter Bomber Squadron was transferred to the 116CW at Araxos.
- 1967: On February 16, 1967, the 342 Interception Squadron returns to the 114CW and is renamed 342 All Weather Squadron, after the arrival of the new F-102A and TF-102A Delta Dagger aircraft.
- 1975: On August 4, 1975, the Mirage F-1CG landed in Tanagra Airbase and formed the 342 All Weather Squadron.
- 1976: In September, 1976, the 366 Training Flight is formed with T-33A Silver Stars.
- 1977: In the beginning of 1977 the F-102A were retired. In May, 1977 the 334 All Weather Squadron is set up and equipped with the Mirage F-1CG aircraft. On June 30, 1977 the 335 Squadron relocated to 116CW at Araxos.
- 1988: On April 18, 1988, the 331 All Weather Squadron was formed and equiped with the first Mirage 2000EGs.
- 1989: On August 11, 1989, the 332 All Weather Squadron was formed with the Mirage 2000EG and Mirage 2000BG aircraft.
- 2003: On June 30, 2003 the Mirage F-1CG were retired after 28 years of continuous operation, and the function of 342 All Weather Squadron was suspended.
- 2022: On January 19, 2022 the first six (6) Rafale F3R aircraft landed at 114CW, replacing the M-2000 aircraft, which have served the Hellenic Air Force since 1988.